Volvo S60: It’s Your Time To Ride
The Luxurious Volvo S60 Car with great sporting achievements
From the year 2000 onwards, Volvo S60 is being manufactured by Volvo, the popular Swedish automobile manufacturers. Volvo S60 can be described as an entry level car, in the luxurious car segment of the automobile industry. This classic sedan has enjoyed two manufacturing generations and V60 is the estate version of the Volvo S60.
Volvo S60’s various sporting achievements
This Volvo car has participated in various motor sporting events which are:
- In 2006 it was driven by Michael Galati, the ace race driver in various sporting events and won many events like Mosport.
- In 2009, Volvo S60 was again used by race car drivers like Pilgrim and Pobst for the Volvo K PAX racing team, (built by Raub and Haughey) for their various grand touring events.
- In 2010, Pobst again won the Grand Touring Manufactures Event for the Volvo team.
- In fact in 2011, special Volvo S60 was built for various sporting events and the newly designed V60 also entered numerous sporting events for the first time and left its mark there. A new team member called Figge joined Pobst in various racing event, the same year.
- The Volvo S 60 was a lucky mascot for the Volvo racing team, and many racing enthusiasts identified the car with the winning Volvo racing team.
The domination of the Volvo cars in motor sporting events continues even today. The Volvo S60 again prepares itself for the coming 2014 various sporting events and hopes to create history again in the world of motor sports.
Photo Gallery of Volvo S60
Technical Characteristics of Volvo S60
Technical Characteristics of 2011 Volvo S60 DRIVe produced by Volvo (SE).
|Body Type||Saloon (sedan) 4 doors / 5 seats|
|Front Track||1588 mm|
|Rear Track||1585 mm|
|Ground Clearance||130 mm|
|Fuel Capacity||68 liters|
|Drive Wheels||Front wheel drive|
|Steering||rack & pinion PAS|
|Fuel Supply System||common rail direct diesel injection|
|Max Power||115HP (84 kW) @ 3600 rpm|
|Max Torque||270Nm @ 1750 rpm|
|CO2 Emissions||114 g/Km|
|Cam Design||SOHC - Single Overhead Camshaft|
|Valves per cylinder||2|
|Standard Wheels||7J x 16 / 7J x 16|
|Standard Tyres||205/60 R 16 / 205/60 R 16|
|Transmission||6 speed manual|
|Number of gears||6|
|Acceleration 0-100 Km/h||10.9 seconds|
|Acceleration 80-120 Km/h||n/a|