Fiat Ducato: Is This Car Perfect For You?
History and production statistics
The Fiat Ducato developed by the Sevel joint venture between PSA Peugeot Citroen and Fiat is a large van and is being produced since 1981.
- It has also been marketed with different names and at different countries. Some name given to it are Citroen Jumper (Relay) and the Peugeot Boxer.
- For European markets it is being produced at Sevel Sud factory in Italy at their Val di Sangro plant.
It has also been produced at the following places:
- Sevel factory in Sete Lagoas Brazil.
- Karsan factory in, Ak?alar, Turkey.
- Chrysler factory in Saltillo, Mexico.
- Sollers fatory in Elabuga, Russia
The overall response and demand is so good that as many as 2.4 million Fiat Ducatos has been produced since 1981. It is also being used in Europe as the most common motorhome base and it has been estimated that there are almost two-third motorhomes that are being manufactured uses Ducato’s base.
Best about Fiat Ducato
- In May 2006 the third generation model Jumper and Relay was launched.
- These were then followed by the Boxer in June same year.
- The Ducato model was launched in the later part of the 2006.
- This vehicle was made available for both domestic and commercial use.
- Different weight designations were added according to the requirement such as Ducato 30 that was up to 3 tonnes, Ducato 33 up to 3.3 tonnes, Ducato Maxi up to 3.5 tonnes and Ducato Maxi40 up to 4 tonnes.