BMW 3 Series: Power and Performance In One
The elegance and class redefined
The BMW 3 Series is an elegant and best in class compact executive car. Manufactured by the German car maker it is popular model and has been quite active since May 1975. For last six generations it has been produced in five different body styles.
What is so special about BMW 3 Series?
BMW 3 Series has always been its bestselling model and it accounts for around 30 percent of BMW’s annual sales. With its fine performance the BMW 3 Series has won many awards and accolades for last so many years.
The sixth generation which is the current generation of BMW 3 series was unveiled in October 2011 in Munich and the vehicle arrived in the market in February 2012.
Performance of BMW 3 Series
- The initial generations consisted of six-cylinder petrol engines and were then later replaced with turbo-charged four cylinder engines for the F30 model.
- The first model of the F30 was sedans which were then later followed by wagon, GT high-roof five door coupe’ and later hardtop convertible body styles.
- However the F30 lineup will not come up with convertible, coupe’ and GT models because these will termed as BMW 4 Series models.
Future of BMW
- The German carmaker is also planning to come up with a Hybrid version that has transmission with two electric motors and the customers can expect a 20 percent fuel savings.
- A similar power train will be found with X5 hybrid that has been developed in a joint venture with GM, Daimler and Chrysler.